Bluesky is a woman-led practice with a core team from a range of backgrounds.
As a RIBA practice, we are committed to making architecture and the broader construction industry more inclusive. We believe a diverse and inclusive profession, representative of the societies our members work within, is pivotal to meeting the challenges of the future faced by our profession.
Delivering Social Value within our Design Practice
As a RIBA member, we adhere to their code of conduct. We are committed to helping to protect the future of our industry through enhanced training and giving something back to enable others to benefit from our actions.
- All staff receive regular CPD, evidenced as part of our RIBA requirements.
- In recent years we have invested in significant training to REVIT, COBie data requirements, BIM and sustainable design approaches.
- Bluesky is awarded the Gold Investors in People Award.
- Bluesky are committed to our teams Workplace Wellbeing, as part of this all Directors and Line Managers have received Mental Health First Aid Training
Supporting the development of our industry
Bluesky recognise the benefits to our industry, the local community and ourselves of encouraging and nurturing the next generation of architects, designers and technologists, Our commitments include:
- University Links: Employment and mentoring of 1 or 2 RIBA Part 1 students each year, giving them invaluable practical work experience as part of their career path into architecture. Our students are paid a living wage whilst in our employment.
- Work Experience: Bluesky offers a 1-2-week unpaid placement for a 15-16-year-old student. This helps us strengthen our links with schools, provides valuable CPD for staff and gives our team a fresh perspective from creative young people.
We take our responsibility to manage our business in an environmentally responsible manner very seriously. We monitor our environmental impact in the way we run our business and support sustainable design in all of our projects.